CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rants from this week

I'm not sure why, but alot of little things just ticked me off this week. And of course, I thought I'd share them all with you. lol

1) Snowbirds. I live where it is 90 degrees year round. During the summer months, when it it hottest, all the "Snowbirds" go back up north where its cooler. They then come back down during the "winter" to escape the northern cold. They generally don't begin to show up until October and the way you can tell is when traffic begins to get heavy. Well, traffic got quite heavy this week!! And they always drive sooo slow in the left lane. This was definitely an unwelcome surprise this week. Made me late to work almost everyday! lol

2) Rude Customers. I was at Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day getting some supplies when this lady in front of me just rubbed me the wrong way. First of all, I have worked in retail for almost 10 years!! (I'm currently in my first non-retail job!! Yippee!!) I know what a pain a long line can be and how frustrating it can be. Trust me, I've dealt with all sorts of customer throughout the years. I could tell you horror stories!! Anyways, back to the other day. There was one cashier and 3 people in line, including myself. It really wasn't a long line, but the cashier called for backup anyways...which didn't come right away. While the cashier was ringing up a customer, she answered the store phone. Well, the lady in front of me got all pissed off saying, "Oh, now she's on the phone?? Doesn't she this looong line?" And then she went on to loudly bitch about the cashier. I just wanted to tell that lady, "She is doing her job just fine! She is supposed to answer the phone as well as ring up customers." But, I chickened out and didn't say anything. The thing that really got me, is right as that lady was walking up to the counter, SHE got a phone call on her cell and answered it!! If there is one thing that pisses us cashiers off, its a customer talking on the cell phone while trying to ring them up. Grrr...

3) Sports Bras. It's called a BRA for a reason. You wear it underneath your clothes. Just because it has Sports in front of it doesn't mean it's ok to wear just that and a pair of shorts to the gym. Seriously. Please coverup. It's distracting. (Can you tell what bugged me at the gym today? lol)


End Rant. Thank you for listening.

:-)

5 comments:

Beth said...

You must live where I used to live. Every October the radio station would do snowbird season skits with rifle sounds. And, yes, the JoAnns had the rudest customers there!

Rock and Fossil Depot said...

I am so totally with you on the sports bra! Just say "NO". :) Great post btw!!

CB said...

The JoAnns where I live is actually quite nice, been getting lots of 50% off sales on their fimo clay. ;)

A bra, is a bra, is a bra and that's really all there is to say about that. It's like when people label toaster ovens, "crafting toaster oven" and then charge more for it. :P

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

omg customers in retail really irk me lol! And I agree so much about the bra!

BobbiWired said...

Great Post!!
Snowbirds - omg - don't get me started - am just 'up the road' from you (SP Beach) - going to work is bad enough, but now-a-days traffic makes it it oh-so-much fun - NOT! - And like others, I'm with you on the 'sports bra' thing - I firmly believe visible sports bras AND spandex should only be sold AFTER they pass an eligibility test....