CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Apologies...

I have to apologize for not keeping up with my daily Olympics posts. You see, a lovely lady decided to visit my hometown by the name of Fay. Yes, I'm talking about Tropical Storm Fay. The bitch (pardon my language) decided to land right smack in between my city and the one just north of us. Between getting my house and my work (I work at a tennis club with 38 tennis courts, so we had to take down the nets, etc.) I just didn't have enough time to watch as many events and blog about them as I would have liked. I did, however, make sure I watched Michael Phelps make history with his perfect 8 for 8 gold medals!! Way to go Michael!!

Anyways, Fay came through and we really didn't have all that much damage. One tree in our front yard was knocked over (it was a smallish tree) and we were able to stand it back up and hold it up with wooden posts. We lost power for about 15 hours. My 2 year old did not like it one bit. Every morning, I let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, his favorite show...and the only one I let him watch. When he woke up yesterday and he couldn't watch it, oh the puppy lip that boy made. lol Our generator also decided to take the day off, so we had no power until about 8 pm, right as I was putting Evan to sleep.

Things are back to normal today, although it is blistering hot outside today. But, at least we finally got some rain!!

2 comments:

redbarbi said...

Love your additions to your blog, keep up the good work and stay away from the storms.

saffron said...

I had to miss the first week of the Olympics because I was in Yosemite. It was a trade off, but I was sad to miss some of it. I hope those unwelcomed visitors don't make it your way again.