CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My rant for the week

I have to vent about something that is driving me crazy!! Have any of you seen the commercials for Busch Garden's "Howl-O-Scream"? Well, if you have, then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. These commercials are showing intense, greusome scenes that make your skin crawl. One of them depicts a man doing the urban legend, Bloody Mary and another features the "Raven Twins". My problem with these commercials are that they are NOT appropriate for children's eyes. The other night while my parents, my 20 month old son, and I were watching a family program on TV around 6:30 pm, one of their commercials came on. Having seen it before and knowing it would spook my son, I quickly changed it. The thing is, that shouldn't happen. My mom is a preschool teacher and she told me one of her student's mother told her that her daughter watched the commercial and cried for almost 20 minutes. If you go to their website, there is actually a disclaimer for the images on their website only! Why can't they do the same thing with their commercials? Or better yet, tame the commercials down? I find it completely irresponsible of the Busch Gardens company to be putting such frightful images on TV before 8 pm, when most children are still watching. I'm soo pissed off about this whole thing, that I don't think I will ever step foot in a Busch Gardens theme park again. Grrrrr....

6 comments:

Light Harmony Gratitude said...

grrrr that is annoying. I hate seeing gruesome images flashed in front f my face without warning ( part of the reason that I no longer have a t.v.) Although, even the internet isn't 100% safe . . I also hate those things that make you look really close at the screen and then BLLLLAAARGH! something gross! My poor nerves! *laugh* I agree, gruesome has no place in front of public eyes! Too desensitizing!

LHG :shop:
LHG :blog:

TheresaJ said...

I haven't seen it, but I agree. Perhaps taking it out on Busch Gardens is missing the target. I think you should write to the network about their practices as they are the ones responsible for programming and what time slots they place the commercials in.

Anonymous said...

I can totally share in your annoyance! Commercials are created by the Devil who wants you to buy only things that you don't need. I honestly have not seen that commercial though, because I haven't had cable/satellite in my house for almost 4 years!!! Who needs it!!

s. said...

i get it

Anonymous said...

That would make me mad too! I have little ones that don't need to be scared by watching TV.

WAHMMof3 said...

I couldn't agree more!
Have you seen the anti-smoking commercial with the Hispanic gentleman who has a hole in his throat from cancer??
That commercial shows during primetime and it scares my kids (ages 3-7) to death! I understand we can change the channel, but what's the point if this stuff is on EVERY CHANNEL! Uuurrgggggg!